Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Journalism 2.0 on Science 2.0

I can completly agree with the scientists who oppose the open access to scientific journals. That is their work in progress (some of them it's their life work!) and it is just opened for anyone to see, I wouldn't want that either. I especially agree with the part that some people might try and steal others work or ideas and publish it first, that is not cool! On the other hand I can see where people would think this would be a good idea so that the general public could know what scientific research was going on and what conclusions were found. I think we are coming into the age where ALL information is going to try and be published online and that is already creating a lot of arguments and debates. I just got an email with this link {http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf} about the scary future of personal information being available to anyone throughout computer systems. crazy to think about!

No comments: