Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Musharraf's Monster..."-Shahan Mufti

I think its so awesome that the Pakistani media didn't take these new laws of restriction sitting down, they stood up and fought! I also think that was kick ass what Hamid Mir did locking himself in the newsroom and refusing to cut transmission, they should totally make a movie about that. I also think its pretty sweet that that incident made Musharraf break his reputation for never apologizing and saying this, "“Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and the freedom of media, this is my mandate. I strongly condemn any violation of this.”
Its crazy to think that they don't really have schools in the state of Sindh and that TV will be their educators now that they have cable lines. Im also really glad I don't live in a country that is so volatile like that and is such a tough atmosphere for journalists trying to cover wars and politics while trying to be controlled by the government and threatened.

No comments: